Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shell is the law

Boss called me for a new task other day (yes, I have an incredible number of assignments), he told me that I had to do some scripting for an Java application to be installed on Linux. Wow, it's the most interesting task for now. I started coding immediately. After some tests, I gave all to Boss for the final verdict. Man, you can't understand my surprise when I heard Boss saying:" Damn: where are the damned .bat files???". I tried to explain Boss that under Linux there are no .bat files, and after a while he seemed to get it, came to my PC, where I’m running my most loved Linux GUI, and said: "Ok, I perfectly understand that!! Then, where is the application icon? And where is the control panel, the myComputer icon? And what is this wallpaper crap? It seems a dog's shit!!".

No comments: