Sunday, January 20, 2008

Quarterly review

In our company every three months there's a quarterly review, the last one was very interesting, in particular for Boss.
It started very seriously, in fact it was quite boring. All my colleagues were very serious and Boss and Big Boss looked very interested. When my turn to speak arrived, Boss started to make loud jokes with Big Boss, but I didn't get distracted from the review. As I started to speak, the noise produced by Boss kept growing. When I got to about half way through, Boss obliged me to speak about a determinate section of my work; I complied, and this was a big mistake. Boss has modified some code on that section (introducing several bugs) and all the application started to crash, and with the flow of on-screen exceptions Boss and Big Boss started to laugh more and more, but I kept going and finished it. So at the end Boss and Big Boss were rolling with laughter, and they didn’t get a thing of my technical explanations. The strange thing was that after me when another colleague started her review, they were again very serious and pleased. Sometimes I think that Boss and Big Boss don't understand my work, they just don’t get it, so that’s why they start to make jokes on me and my work..

No comments: