Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Murphy's law

Today CEO came to my desk (and this usually is a bad thing), and she told me that for the good of Company they had to change my contract with a limited time one... damn, I must accept for the good of Company... Man! I've got a new definition of 'long term contract', 5 days!! Murphy's law came to my mind:"If anything can go wrong, it will, and usually at the most inopportune moment". After this 'good' news, I started to think about my new notebook, my new car, but the most terrible thing was the house, telling my fiancée and above all, I had to return the diamond ring... After a few minutes Boss got to my desk and told me: "I inform you that you have been chosen for an important task, software support for the next election, and you must work unpaid for a few Saturdays and Sundays monitoring the application. Remember: it's a very critical application. Have a nice day!". Only in that moment I remembered the complete Murphy's law:"If anything can go wrong, it will, and usually at the most inopportune moment, and in the WORST way...".

No comments: