Sunday, April 26, 2009

Occam's razor

A few day ago I was protagonist of a chain of dramatic events of my work life, and naturally the author of most of those events was Jack, my boss. The chain of unlucky events started with the proposal to go to Pycon conference in Florence (http://www.pycon.it), a very interesting manifestation with Python as main object of discussions, which Jack immediately labeled “the language for non professionals”. I told Jack that I was interested in going, and I proposed him and Prince Charming to go together, at this point I was waiting for a nonsensical or sarcastic answer from Jack but with my big surprise he told me that our society will pay tickets for us (!!), he also told me that those days will be considered working day for us, and hence we’ll be paid! Wow I was very excited at first, but unfortunately only later afternoon of the first conference day is working day for me because Pycon will be on the weekend. So Jack got me as ususal.

The second event that excite me very much was that we got gadgets from Red-Hat - JBoss for our certification! Wow I immediately grab a T-shirt with Logo! What is a developer without an informatics logo on his t-shirt? ;). Well, we took some funny photos, Jack proposed to be the photographer and in one of these photo there are me, Prince Charming and Big Boss, but Big Boss made me a pair of horns ( funny man..., this is not a good sign in Italy ) and Jack immediately posted it on this blog; then they took the T-shirt away from me. Until that point business as usual, I'm always in mood for jokes, but that fool posted on the blog with as tag my real surname and offending remarks, and Google indexed that tag in a few seconds, so, while Jack was laughing hysterically, I got terrible calls from my fiancé... I forced Jack to remove the tag, but it will remain forever indexed in Google, like a tattoo...

No comments: