Sunday, February 17, 2008

Improving performance

Today I realized for the nth time that my PC is extremely slow, so I tried to set some environment parameters in order to improve performance. The Ide was the big problem: it was so dramatically, obscenely SLOW, requiring a HUGE amount of resources. In the meantime, Boss passes behind me, and starts raving that the problem was the Ide configuration, so if I wanted to resolve something I had to modify that certain configuration file with the right parameters, so he snatched control of my PC and started to modify the configuration file of the Ide (really dangerous if you don't know what are you doing...). After he finished to mess up my Ide's configuration file he told me : "But what the heck! You must have compromised somehow your PC's performance, it still doesn't work. What shit did you put on your PC?! You're a rookie!! Ahaha", and left.

Ok Ok, I can admit that I'm a rookie, but the actual amount of Ram in my PC is 1 GB: I checked this after Boss went away laughing. Geez! Only 1 GB for a Java developer! A secretary has a PC with more memory than me, but the most relevant particular was that when I restarted my Ide I gotthe message:"Error in local thread main please check configuration file an error in configuration."

No comments: